This past week, I have been learning to use EndNote. It does have some cool features. First of all, you are basically creating your own database of only the things that interest you. It's like your own mini PubMed that only contains the things you want. Secondly, it allows you to create groups that you can sort your items into and organize them that way. I could make as many and as detailed groups as I wanted.
The software also allows you to search within the database, itself. You could search by topic or author, for example. And say you wanted to send an article by a particular author to a collegue, you would just search for it, retrieve it and then send it. That's assuming the citation you found has a full text article associated with it. EndNote also allows you to find which citations have full text available, which is also a nice feature.
I Couldn't Resist
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment